PSP Consultant (Switzerland), Private Sector Partnerships Section (PSP), UNHCR Switzerland
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is offering a contract within the Private Sector Partnerships Services in Switzerland.
The position will be part of UNHCR’s Private Sector Partnerships Unit, which sits within the Division of External Relations (DER) responsible for mobilizing resources to enable UNHCR’s refugee response programming around the world.
UNHCR’s Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) has grown rapidly in recent years, introducing an ambitious strategy that aims to consolidate this growth and create a robust business, capable of further significant, sustainable income growth including new markets like Switzerland.
Under the direct supervision of the PSP Officer for PSP Switzerland, the Consultant will be responsible with the overall support to the activities related to the registration and setup of a National Partner in Switzerland. Further to this, the Consultant will assist in developing the necessary project plan to integrate/migrate the existing PSP activities under the management of the National Partner in Switzerland.
Besides the above, the Consultant position, offers a unique opportunity to work within the PSP Europe team dedicated to raise funds and establish partnerships for UNHCR with the private sector in Europe.
Title: PSP Consultant (Switzerland)
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Duration: 1 December 2018 – 31 December 2018 (with extension in 2019)
Contract Type: UNHCR Consultancy, Level B
Advertisement start date: 15 August 2018
Advertisement closing date: extended to 31st October 2018
The Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) Services works in different regions: Europe, MENA, Americas, Africa, and Asia, and further decentralizes at local levels. The PSP Consultant (Switzerland) role is part of PSP Switzerland Team and will support the work of the PSP Officer for Switzerland.
We are seeking a dynamic and proactive team player, with a strong interest in assisting and coordinating the activities related to the registration of a charitable entity/National Association Partner and establishing the framework agreement between the said entity and UNHCR. Furthermore the incumbent will engage in fundraising and donor care services in support of the PSP Officer in Switzerland.
This role will report to and work closely with the PSP Officer for Switzerland who will set short term goals and monitor progress in line with the 2018 plan.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of PSP Officer (Switzerland), the PSP Consultant will perform the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate and assist in the management of the registration of the charitable entity for UNHCR in Zurich, Switzerland to establish a National Association Partner (NAP).
- Develop project plan (template available) for the phased establishment of a NAP including location assessment, office space and office setup, trustess board profiiles, governance and legal structure, oversee RA and annexes where re;evant, engage directly or indirectly with LAS and DFAM.
- Develop any other procedures for NAP on the reporting as required by local law, including auditing and account reports.
- Coordinate in securing the sign-off on a Framework Agreement between UNHCR and the Switzerland based NAP.
- Assist in developing a project implementation plan that defines how the existing PSP activities can be migrate/implemented under the NAP including, (but not limited to, donor data migration, staff employment and handbook, financial management and procurement, website and donation platforms and ICT infastructure) and flag timely any additional internal/external capacities required .
- Act as the secretariat with the founding board members of the NAP
Assist the PSP Officer, in Switzerland and relevant stakeholders in developing the PSP plan for 2019 for Switzerland.
- Provide general administrative support when required.
Essential minimum qualifications and professional experience required
The ideal candidate will be required to have:
- Basic University degree in Marketing, Political Science, Economics, Business Administration, combined with 8-12 years of relevant work experience; or Advance University degree in in the above or related fields combined with 6-10 years of relevant work experience;
- Fluency in English and French/German laguanges (written/oral/comprehension);
- Significant experience of complex project management or fundraising planning;
- Excellent project management skills including planning, stakeholder consultation, schedule creation and task tracking;
- Excellent written communication and able to draft official documents of record;
- Highly organized and autonomous, able to multi-task and prioritize workload in a fast moving environment;
- Demonstrable skills in communicating and collaborating effectively when working remotely.
The successful candidate will be assigned to Switzerland, with possibility to work from home.
The position is associated with a contract valid until end of the year, with possibility of renewal. Under this contract the incumbent will be able to work maximum 20 days (160 h) per month.
Interested applicants should submit their letter of motivation, a dully completed (including all working experience), a signed Personal History Form (P11) and CV to email@example.com ‘PSP Consultant, Switzerland’ in the subject of the email.
The new P11 form is available at www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.docStellenbeschrieb als PDF Herunterladen