Representative of MSF (f/m)Zürich Office
The Representative is mandated to develop advocacy strategies in line with MSF’s priority goals and to act as spokesperson for the General Director in German-speaking Switzerland in order to most effectively communicate with the public, media, donors, partners and key stakeholders.
MSF Switzerland is composed of a main office in Geneva and a branch office in Zürich which is a hub for relations with donors and the media. The team in the Zürich office includes fundraising officers, media relations officers, an events coordinator, an editor/translator, an association officer, interns, and a receptionist who all collaborate with several committed volunteers.
MSF Switzerland seeks to strengthen exchanges with representatives of civil society, academia and various levels of government in order to better represent MSF, share our ideas, experiences and messages, participate in humanitarian debates, strengthen our networking with other Swiss-based NGOs, increase public awareness of humanitarian crises, further develop our political and financial support base, recruit Swiss aid workers.
The Representative will help MSF to be more present in medical humanitarian debates in Switzerland, explaining and standing up for the principles and perspectives of MSF to audiences and stakeholders. S/he will also develop MSF’s network in German-speaking parts of Switzerland. S/he will act as Spokesperson, representing the General Director and/or the Board upon request.
Through networking and representation work, the Representative lays the groundwork as a key spokesperson and advocate for MSF in Switzerland, with a priority focus on German-speaking regions of the country. S/he will help to engage the Swiss public in better understanding the work and perspectives of MSF, and network with key actors and stakeholders with a view of relaying advocacy messages rooted MSF’s medical operations. S/he will develop strategies that are relevant to the pursuit of MSF’s specific advocacy goals in Switzerland and contribute to achieve the objectives as set out in the strategic plan. S/he will also ensure overall coherence of the representation activities from the strategic plan managed through MSF’s Zürich office (Advocacy, Communications, Fundraising, Human Resources, and Associative life).
Main areas of activities :
- Public positioning and Advocacy
- Facilitator of the MSF Office in Zürich
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in humanitarian studies, communications, international relations, political science or related topic.
- Experience in humanitarian actions, ideally with MSF in order to speak as an authentic and credible member of the humanitarian movement;
- Humanitarian experience in a coordination role is considered an asset;
- Experienced public speaker.
- Strong synthesis and editorial skills in German;
- Ability to develop advocacy strategies and manage related projects;
- Public presentation skills for diverse audiences (including philanthropic, academic, professional);
- Confidence, tact and discipline in interviews with Swiss media;
- Solid knowledge of Swiss humanitarian NGOs political institutions, socio-cultural and economic realities;
- Ability to synthesize complex issues on short notice, primarily in the humanitarian field;
- Ability to deliver speeches and do presentations, to speak accurately and authentically about MSF humanitarian programs and positions.
- Swiss-German native speaker
- General fluency in English, French is an asset
- Passion for anchoring MSF in Swiss society; Initiative in seeking opportunities for engagement; Commitment to the principles and public positions of MSF;
- Diplomacy and persuasiveness;
- Poise and clarity when talking about sensitive or urgent subjects such as emergencies, attacks on medical care and migration.
Terms of Employment
- Open-ended contract, 80% – 100% (depending on availability)
- Based in Zürich, mobility across Switzerland.
- Starting date : as soon as possible
- Gross annual salary : 105k-125k (salary level according to seniority and internal salary grid).
How to apply
Interested candidates should forward by email only their application (CV 2 p. max., letter of motivation, 5MB max) to email@example.com, stating in the subject line "ZH Representative 2017.03".
The deadline for applications is 9th April 2017.
The applications will be treated confidentially.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more details on the job offer or MSF, please visit our website : http://www.msf.ch/travailler-avec-nous/Stellenbeschrieb als PDF Herunterladen