B Lab Switzerland Foundation is seeking a talented Policy & Campaign lead to join our growing team.
The challenges we will propose to you:
- Manage different projects at the interface of advocacy and communication to the benefit of civil society actors.
- Campaign for civil society actors on a wide range of policies e.g. legal statutory enhancement and work in supporting the development of public policy proposals in the field of energy, health, digital, sustainability, corporate governance,…
- Advise and train people in lobbying and advocacy coming from different walks of life and sectors (civil society, private sector, grassroots, etc).
- Developed RFP for our project in the field of certification to find partners supporting us to deliver state of the art certification
In particular, our Policy & Campaign lead will be responsible for:
- Managing our stakeholder and coalition partners as one-stop-shop for the beneficiary
- Supervising project delivery and collaborating with patterns for our policy change activities
- Monitoring relevant policies and act on the insights drawn from monitoring.
- Designing advocacy and campaign strategies with our audiences
What we are looking for our Policy & Campaign lead:
- Proven experience in public affairs or advocacy in Switzerland, gained in a consultancy, law firm, EU institution or NGO.
- Experience working on ESG and/or sustainable corporate governance
- Established network with Swiss politicians and civil organizations
- Strong command of policy-making processes in Switzerland
- Understanding of the challenges of the nonprofit sector and civil society.
- Expertise in designing and implementing lobbying and advocacy strategies.
- Ease while speaking in public
- French German and English full capabilities - written and spoken
- Creativity, flexibility and openness to change.
- At least 3-5 years of experience.
What we offer:
A standard contract under Swiss law and NGO’s usual benefits. You should already have the right to work and live in Switzerland. Location is open as we have a remote policy in place, our current offices are in Zurich, Lausanne and Geneva. This is a part-time position but we are open to combining role and creating a full-time role.
The work and the well-being of B Lab Switzerland Foundation is strengthened by the diversity of our network and our differences in background, culture, experience, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and much more. We welcome applications from people of colour, women, LGBTQIA and persons with disabilities.
Skills and experience
- Significant experience building and implementing programs or initiatives.
- Experience building and leading effective multidisciplinary teams (lateral leadership).
- Ability to provide clear direction and motivate a team to achieve outstanding results.
- Strong language and communication skills: fluent in German/French (written and verbal required), good command of English and French/German.
- Personal gravitas and experience in public speaking.
- Interest and understanding of key impact areas of the B Corp movement, such as climate action, climate justice, JEDI, SDGs and stakeholder governance.
- Proven experience in a corporate environment and working in a dynamic and collaborative team.
- Experience and no reservations about designing Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint slides for target-specific audiences.
- Passionate about the role business can play in shaping a future.
- Strategic and creative thinker with an eye for the big picture and end goal.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic start-up environment. It will be varied and fast-paced.
- Team player and team oriented, while autonomous in his/her tasks.
- Proactive, organized and self-motivated. You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting things done, and quickly learning about complex topics outside of your traditional discipline.
We offer you an exciting and diverse team with dedicated members, plenty of room for your ideas and an opportunity to expand your experience and skills in the area of system change and culture change in private sector.
How To Apply:
Please send to your CV / a one-page cover letter where you tell us why you want to work for B lab in this role.
Deadline to apply 16 February 2023, however, the sooner you apply the better your chances of being hired as this is an immediate opening.
We thank you for your interest and look forward to receiving your complete application (cover letter, CV, reference letters). Please send them in German orFrench latest by 16 February 2023 to Cinzia Piccoli firstname.lastname@example.org . We will review incoming applications on an ongoing basis.
As an EOE/AA employer, B Lab Switzerland does not discriminate in its hiring practices on the basis of color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or disability of applicants. B Lab Switzerland values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.